Monday, October 20, 2008

VIVA MEXICO!

Another day off from fishing! What has become of me?!!
This week I went with Leslie and Gabby to Tecate Mexico so Gabby's cousin could do Leslie's hair.
We really had a good time! It's funny how such a simple trip accross the border could be so much fun when you're with the right people!
Gabby drove us down and we started off by stopping at the bakery and getting some bread with cream cheese and jalepino's and some sweet breads. Then we went on to the cousin's house and Gabby and I watched as Leslie got her hair colored and highlighted.
When we left there we went into town and got some tortilla's and some more sweet breads to bring home. But the best part of the day was the lunch we had before leaving!!!
We went to a little brick building and sat in the back and ordered 2 fish taco's each.... They were sooooooo good we had to order 1 more each! That wasn't enough, so Gabby had another fish taco and Leslie and I shared shrimp cervichi..... don't know if I spelled it right but I tasted it right and man oh man have I been missing out on some yummy food!!
I need to go back to Mexico at least once a month so I can enjoy the culture a little more and eventually get a little more fluent in spanish!! I am semi fluent in spanglish and Gabby has been trying to teach me more, but I'm slower that I thought in picking up on the lingo!
Anyway........ the pictures are of Leslie during her transformation and after the finishing touch.
A fireman and the fire station there in Tecate, Gabby and Leslie enjoying an ice cream treat during the border wait, and a man at the border crossing with only one leg. I have issues that are a little hard to explain here, but anyway, I had to get a picture of the fireman and the one legged guy! Mexican culture and an immiture 44 year old adult..... Hmmmm!!
We really did have a good time!! I could give up a fishing day here and there for trips like this!
We can still call it a Fish Friday tho! We did have the sea food lunch!!
Until next time............... If ya can't fish, then just order a couple of Taco's de Pescada and look for a one legged Mexican at the border and have a good time!!

1 comment:

MiCKeY said...

You have such great adventures! I want to come next time!

by the way...I love the music you have on your blog!