Saturday, October 4, 2008

SHARK!

Well........ It wasn't a very eventful day all together, but once again it's always nice just to be out on the water with friends!
I made my 4 bucks for catching the first fish! Then it was a little while and after moving a time or two before Crenda and Chris each caught one each then Stacey.
Then all of a suddon we realized that Christopher was just cleaning up! He ended up catching the most, 9, and the biggest, a shark! He caught a nice size bass and for the way things were seeming we decided to just measure the fish to determine the biggest. Then Stacey caught a halibut that was about 3 inches longer than his bass.
But right before we left Chris pulled in a nice little shark! He was longer than the halibut, but the weight was probably favored by the halibut. We should have been weighing them instead cause this shark was prize money for Chris!
I hope to catch a few more sharks and bigger would be great! They aren't as slimy as the other fish and I find them very intriguing!
I'm beginning to wonder if my job on the boat is to get everyone to a good fishing hole and then take the fish off their hooks!
I have a gross story for that! Stacey caught a lizzard fish and the little bugger swallowed the lure, they normally get the hook in their eye or their nose but rarely do the lizzards swallow the lure as deep as this guy did. I was trying so hard to retrieve this hook without doing too much damage to the little guy and unfortunately I realized that it may have been too late. But for the fortune of another creature this lizzard lost his head, Stacey got her lure back and Petunia Pelican got lunch!! To be honest, it was harder to watch him suffer as I was tugging on the hook than it was to whack it's head off! And it was nice to be able to feed Petunia fresh meat!!
Next week it will be my little buddy Anthony and his mom, Gabby and I think I was able to talk Lori into spending the day with us. I really hope it's a productive day for Anthony! He hasn't been for quite awhile and he says he has Fishymoto pretty bad, and Dr. Hashiguchi says that he must hit the water and wash away this ailment!
I hope to remember my camera and have a good story lined up for my next entry.
Is anyone even reading this? I feel like I spend a lot of time talking to myself these days and when I get on here I hope that there is someone that is getting a little entertainment out of this crap I conjure up!
Until next time................... Keep it Reel!

No comments: