Thursday, August 28, 2008

Friday August 22

Well, I'm a little late in posting last weeks fishing trip. But I guess it's better late than never! We went out a little deeper Friday. The kelp beds are about as far as I've taken the little boat so far and this time we went just a little past the kelp or at least further into it than we have before. I love this picture! I had to zoom in to get this and it looks like we were closer to the point than we really were! This is the edge of the earth.... Point Loma. I asked Buddy before we left if he wanted to go, and he's an adult so I respected his decision to jump in the truck and ride along! Well, here's the little adult changing his mind once we hit the water! Crenda did her best to console him and keep him on board and make him feel better! I don't think I should ask him next time. It may be a small language barrier! He hears, "Blah blah blah go for a ride blah blah blah..." He did finally settle down and enjoy the day as much as possible given that he couldn't really do anything about it without getting wet!! Here is the first fish of the day! Yup that's me! I got my three bucks too! This was a brown rockfish. Right after I pulled this one in, Crenda pulled one in and as she was pulling hers in Chris had to grab one as well. But I couldn't be out done so I went ahead and found another one just a few minutes later! It started out fun and productive. But.... Let's just say that we lost our spot and the fish didn't come after us! So, we left the big water and went back into the bay where we found another couple of good spots! We caught a pretty good variety all together. We got up to W and if you count that down it makes 23 fish in all! There were just four of us that day. Chris and I caught 7 each, Crenda caught 5 and Stacey was a late bloomer but she pulled in 4 within the last 1/2 hour!

<<>

Buddy wasn't really that impressed either!

Along the mix, Crenda caught a Halibut, I believe it was the only one caught that day. >> So, she got the 3 bucks for the biggest! We did see a guy pull in a huge Sand Shark! I really wish I had my camera handy as we pulled up along side him to watch him pull it in! He was BIG!! He threw it back before I could grab the camera. <<> As they get bigger the belly is whiter and the blotches seem to be on more on the upper part. We'll be taking tomorrow off from fishing but I may get a bonus day next week! Lori and the neighbors, Vicky and Pam, are possibly going to go out with me. That will be fun! Our neighbors are the best! We really have a good time with them, and so far Vicky is the only one who has gone on the boat. Pam says she'll go, so we'll see if she changes her mind by then. I am also hoping my friend Mark will be able to join us. He needs some time out on the water. He likes it almost as much as me!! Untill next time............ keep on reelin'!

No comments: