Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Special!!

I couldn't ask for a better day fishing!! This was one of my favorite days this summer!
Lori, Vicky and I went out on the bay and caught 33 fish in all! Among those 33 fish we had Vicky catching a big blue shrimp like the one I caught a few months ago but hers was bigger! She pulled it up not realizing she had something on her line and when it came out of the water she paused and asked what it was! I got all excited because when I caught mine I didn't have my camera and was unable to get a good picture of it! So the first thing I did was grab my camera to take a picture and the darn thing wriggled his way off the hook and got away! But also among today's 33 Lori caught the biggest sand bass I've seen so far!! He was a biggie!!
I didn't get any pics of my fish today except for this sculpin. He wasn't all that excited to be on the boat with us. They usually don't share our entusiasm!! But this is a pretty good picture of a sculpin, his dorsal fins are sharp and ready to attack and his face is all puffed up and ready to spit! They're entriguing fish, but ugly at the same time! Some of them really put up a good fight!
So, it was a great day on the bay, this was Vicky's second time going with Lori and me and this time she out did us on the fish! She didn't catch anything her first time out so this time we were all rooting for her and she came from behind and passed me up for the most! I got the first and Lori got the biggest so we all broke even.
I had the most for awhile then Vicky caught up with me then in the end she just passed me up!! We all had a great time!
Until next time............... Keep on reelin'!!

No comments: