Thursday, December 18, 2008

Time Flies

Wow! I hadn't realized it's been so long since I've blogged! Or done much of anything really!
The last few weeks have been uneventful for the most part.
Christmas always makes my anxiety act up and I have a tendency to get a little depressed.
Call it a chemical imbalance or whatever you choose....
So........ We actually got a tree the first weekend that Home Depot got their truck loads in, but we haven't gotten around to dressing the poor little thing until tonight! Hmmm What's that 3 weeks?! Now I'm going to have to pretend we've been decked out for weeks because I'm sure that poor little tree is going to be ready for vacation shortly after Christmas!
We finally got a real rain storm this week and it was pretty cool to actually get to sit and watch it. It was cool yet a little boring because I was trying to run a business and for some reason people don't seem to want to stand in the rain and wait for food! So the rain was good for puddles and my entertainment but not so good for business! The days in between the rain were better for business tho! I really think things are picking up! I get quite a few compliments on my cooking and that always makes me feel good! I have two customers that come and visit, that for some reason have taken a liking to me and they brought me a couple of thoughtful gifts this week! I was surprised at their thoughtfulness! We are strangers yet they feel comfortable enough to bring me a prize! I always feel good after a good positive visit with Frances from the Sierra's and I feel like I still have a brain and I feel refreshed after a philosophical chat with Jim.
Sounds kinda weird coming from me, the 44 year old adolescent who enjoys jumping in puddles, but I do have a smart side too! I have found that jumping in puddles is very juvenile and if you look around at the juveniles.......... you'll find that they don't have the stress of the big people!
I think we should all jump in a puddle and get a little wet sometime! We have learned now that we don't melt and we don't rust and when it's raining, we're gonna get wet! So, take your time, enjoy the weather rain or shine, and jump in a puddle next time you pass one by!
And.............. Have a Merry Blessed Christmas!!

No comments: